Last week, I was on the air with KPXQ’s Tom Brown to discuss a recent report from the Huffington Post showing Arizona Leading the Nation in Closure of Abortion Clinics and the legal challenge against CAP-supported HB 2600. Listen below!
In the current debate over whether Arizona should expand Medicaid services pursuant to the federal Affordable Care Act, questions have arisen regarding the funding of abortion providers. To clarify the misinformation surrounding this issue, Center for Arizona Policy (CAP) has provided the following analysis of the concerns raised along with our recommendation on how the Legislature might address the issue. (more…)
It’s impossible to properly commemorate the loss of 50 million lives to abortion. There is simply no way to capture the grief, confusion, pain, and shock at the reality of so many lost lives, and so many people scarred from the procedure.
This week was filled with events, blog posts, news articles, and proclamations in recognition of this solemn anniversary. Today is the March for Life in Washington, D.C.
There are too many newsworthy items to share, but I wanted to highlight some of what we saw in Arizona and across the web this week in response to the 40th anniversary of Roe v. Wade.
- Arizona Life Coalition Rally – More than 800 people from across the state rallied together on Tuesday to “Commemorate. Support. Believe.” We kicked off the event with 40 bells to signify the 40 years, and ended on a high note as we celebrated recent successes, and our belief that we will see an end to abortion in our lifetime. You can view pictures from the rally here. You can also read some of the coverage from the rally:
- We can stop Roe in our lifetime – Read my editorial on azcentral.com about how the pro-life community has made progress to protect women and preborn children from the dangerous and deadly practices of the abortion industry.
- Which legislators signed the pro-life proclamation? The Arizona House and Senate, along with Governor Brewer issued pro-life proclamations Tuesday in respect of those lives lost and harmed by abortion. See the list of those state legislators that signed onto the proclamation.
- Abortion Promises Unfulfilled – Before Roe, abortion advocates made a number of promises about the societal benefits of abortion on-demand. But as the Witherspoon Institute highlights, those promises never came true.
- Pastor John Piper on the humanity of the preborn – If you need to brush-up on your pro-life apologetics, this is a great place to start.
- 5 Things You Didn’t Know About Jane Roe – The Gospel Coalition’s Justin Taylor explains how “Jane Roe” was lured into our nation’s most notorious litigation.
- The pro-abortion response – In an all-time-low for abortion proponents, the Center for Reproductive Rights released a video mocking the loss of millions of preborn lives.
The cover of the recent Time Magazine summarized what we’ve seen right here in Arizona over the last four decades.
But the Time’s article went on to lament how abortion advocates have squandered their victory over this period, and the magazine glossed over the root of how pro-lifers have built an American majority that favors life.
The cultural shift in America towards embracing the pro-life position has happened person by person and family by family. (more…)
An entire generation of Americans has never known an America without legalized abortion for any reason, at any stage of pregnancy or any age of the mother.
Since the U.S. Supreme Court’s 1973 Roe v. Wade decision, more than 50 million lives have been aborted during this time – just under 1/6 of the current U.S. population. Countless men and women also have suffered the effects of abortions.
The numbers are staggering. It’s the greatest tragedy of our time.
This is the fight worth fighting. This is the cause for which we will never stop until we see preborn children’s lives and their mothers’ lives protected. It has never been nor will it ever be an option to stand aside and let this great tragedy continue.
This is a fight we can win. As the recent cover of Time shows, pro-lifers have been winning in our effort to save preborn children and women from the abortion industry. The pro-life movement is stronger than ever.
Join us to commemorate the loss of lives, support abortion alternatives, and stand with pro-life leaders at our rally on Tuesday. Let us come together in recognition of the 40th anniversary of Roe v. Wade.
Let’s send a powerful message that the prolife movement is stronger than ever, and we are committed to protecting life from its very beginning to its natural end.