It’s impossible to properly commemorate the loss of 50 million lives to abortion. There is simply no way to capture the grief, confusion, pain, and shock at the reality of so many lost lives, and so many people scarred from the procedure.
This week was filled with events, blog posts, news articles, and proclamations in recognition of this solemn anniversary. Today is the March for Life in Washington, D.C.
There are too many newsworthy items to share, but I wanted to highlight some of what we saw in Arizona and across the web this week in response to the 40th anniversary of Roe v. Wade.
- Arizona Life Coalition Rally – More than 800 people from across the state rallied together on Tuesday to “Commemorate. Support. Believe.” We kicked off the event with 40 bells to signify the 40 years, and ended on a high note as we celebrated recent successes, and our belief that we will see an end to abortion in our lifetime. You can view pictures from the rally here. You can also read some of the coverage from the rally:
- We can stop Roe in our lifetime – Read my editorial on azcentral.com about how the pro-life community has made progress to protect women and preborn children from the dangerous and deadly practices of the abortion industry.
- Which legislators signed the pro-life proclamation? The Arizona House and Senate, along with Governor Brewer issued pro-life proclamations Tuesday in respect of those lives lost and harmed by abortion. See the list of those state legislators that signed onto the proclamation.
- Abortion Promises Unfulfilled – Before Roe, abortion advocates made a number of promises about the societal benefits of abortion on-demand. But as the Witherspoon Institute highlights, those promises never came true.
- Pastor John Piper on the humanity of the preborn – If you need to brush-up on your pro-life apologetics, this is a great place to start.
- 5 Things You Didn’t Know About Jane Roe – The Gospel Coalition’s Justin Taylor explains how “Jane Roe” was lured into our nation’s most notorious litigation.
- The pro-abortion response – In an all-time-low for abortion proponents, the Center for Reproductive Rights released a video mocking the loss of millions of preborn lives.